At Portland Proof we charge by the word, rather than by the hour. This ensures that you will know exactly how much the project will cost, before we begin proofing.
Before we give you a price, we will ask you to submit a copy of your document to us for evaluation. During the evaluation process, we will select a section of your document and proofread it. Based on the number of words we proofread, and the amount of time it takes, we will give you a cost per thousand words. Our rates are typically in the range of $5.00 to $20.00 per thousand words, depending on the quality and type of writing. Some documents, such as poetry, documents with technical jargon, or documents with significant errors, may cost more.
A minimum fee of $20.00 for small projects will be charged.
Payments for projects are made as follows: 40% before proofreading begins, with the remaining 60% due when proofreading is complete, and before delivery of the final document.
BLOGGERS: Please read about Proofreading prices for bloggers for more information.
Click contact to begin discussing your project with us.